Cremation jewelry is an attractive option if you’re looking for a unique and personal way to memorialize a loved one. Also known as “keepsake jewelry,” this type of jewelry is designed to hold a small number of ashes, ensuring that your loved one can stay close to your heart at all times. But with so many different types of cremation jewelry to choose from, how do you know which piece is right for you? Here are ten tips to help you choose the perfect cremation jewelry.
- Decide on the type of jewelry you want. Cremation jewelry comes in all shapes and sizes, from traditional pendants and rings to more unusual items like keychains and cufflinks. First, consider what jewelry you usually wear and choose a piece that will fit seamlessly with your existing wardrobe.
- Consider the tone you want to set. Cremation jewelry can be serious or whimsical, simple or ornate. Think about the tone you want to set with your jewelry, and look for pieces that match that aesthetic.
- Pick a metal that compliments your skin tone. If you’ll be wearing your cremation jewelry every day, it’s essential to pick a metal that won’t clash with your skin tone. For example, if you have warm undertones, gold or rose gold may be better than silver.
- Choose a style that reflects your personality. There are thousands of different cremation jewelry styles available, so take some time to browse until you find a piece that feels like it was made just for you.
- Consider the size of the piece. Cremation jewelry comes in a wide range of sizes, from delicate pendants to statement pieces. Think about where you’ll be wearing your jewelry and choose a size that is appropriate for the occasion.
- Select a piece with a secure closure. Cremation jewelry usually contains a small screw or pinch-style clasp to keep the ashes securely. Make sure the closure is secure and not likely to come undone, especially if you’ll always wear your jewelry.
- Don’t forget about the chain. The chain is just as crucial as the pendant, so choose one with the correct length and thickness for your needs.
- Pick a piece that is easy to care for. Cremation jewelry is designed to be worn daily, so choose a piece that doesn’t require special care or cleaning.
- Opt for quality over quantity. It’s better to have one high-quality piece of cremation jewelry than multiple pieces of lower quality.
- Make sure the piece comes with a warranty. A warranty covers most cremation jewelry, so ask about this before purchasing.
With these ten tips in mind, choosing the perfect cremation jewelry should be easy! Just remember to take your time, browse around, and most importantly – choose something that feels personal and special to you. Whether it’s an off-the-shelf design or something unique, when done right, cremation jewelry can be an excellent way to keep your loved ones close. Do you have any other tips for choosing cremation jewelry? Share them with us in the comments below!